Prof. Dr. Gertraud Schottenloher
University Professor and Ph.D. in Art Therapy with Diplomas in Psychology & Clinical Psychology and a Certification in Psychotherapy.
Founder/ Director of the Institute for Art and Therapy, Munich (IKT)
Known for creating the first German University Master Program in Art Therapy and for success in:
1. Implementing Art Therapy in Germany,
2. Integrating Fine Arts and Western Psychotherapy,
3. Using Artistic Expression, Psychotherapeutic Principles and the power of Self-Awareness
Activities & Accomplishments
- Founding Director and Professor of the Art Therapy Master Program at the University of Fine Art in Munich, Germany.
- Founding Director and Teacher of the Institute of Art and Therapy (IKT) Munich, Germany,
- Developed both programs and managed 20 adjunct Professors and instructors as team-teachers.
- Graduated more than 530 students in the 30 years of operations of both programs.
- These 2 Programs have also produced 7 full-time Professors who are currently running their own programs in Art Therapy in other Educational Institutions in Germany, Austria and Korea.
- Served as an International Trainer in Art Therapy and Personal Development at various Universities around the world, including the University of Zürich, Switzerland; the George Washington University, Washington DC, USA; University of Lusk, Ukraine; and the University of Fine Art Dresden, Germany.
- Served for many years as a Trainer in Art Therapy at various prestigious institutions including the Lindauer Advanced Psychotherapy Training Program.
- Over 50 lectures on Art Therapy at International Professional Conferences, at Institutions and in Universities, world-wide.
- Organized, directed, and facilitated 12 major Professional Conferences on Art Therapy as well as 14 exhibits on Art Therapy in Germany, since 1987.
- Author of several professional books on Art Therapy, one of which is now in its 7th printing.
- Author of more than 30 Articles in professional books and journals on Art Therapy
- Former Vice President and former Member of the Senate of the University of Fine Art in Munich, Germany
- Certified Training Therapist in Art Therapy (DGKT, DfKGT)
- More than 15,000 hours of professional therapeutic treatment of individuals including adults, children and groups.
- Certified Supervisor for Art Therapists, for Teams and for Projects in Art Therapy
- Languages: German, English, & Spanish.
- Masters in Psychology, Universities of Munich and Tübingen, Germany.
- Ph. D. in Art Therapy and Psychology, University of Zürich, Switzerland